1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A variety - depends on what is available at the moment. Often it is wrapping paper because the right fitting bag is hard to find.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Some day I would like to try a real tree. There is something special about the smell...
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as I can. Last year it was decorated while watching the Brampton Santa Claus parade - second weekend in November.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever the mood hits - usually the first week in January.
5. Do you like eggnog? YUCK!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Chatty Cathy doll - I wonder why?! As an adult it was my camera and I-Pod.
7. Hardest person to buy for? I agree with Barbara - dad. Don is a close second the past few years.
8. Easiest person to buy for? It used to be Don - anything model railroad or tools. These days he is getting harder.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I try to do cards, but not every year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure. Don tries very hard and puts a lot of thought into his gift giving, but sometimes may miss the mark - like the year I got a car stereo. That was more of a Don gift. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I was excited at first.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love The Polar Express and The Grinch, both based on children's picture books.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Halloween.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never. The thought of it!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The sweets. I don't eat a lot of cookies etc. but there is something wonderful that happens at Christmas time. I love my Special-K treat bars.
16. Lights on the tree? Big, coloured ones - Don's favourite! The older I get the more I like the idea of a pre-lit tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? To sing it would be Silent Night, Star of the East and Stable Door. To play would be Jingle Bells. A more secular song - Grown-Up Christmas Wish and White Christmas.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have done both - depends on other family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course - I'm a teacher. I don't have a choice! I even know Olive, the other reindeer, and Rudolph's other names - like stupid. I even know the games he was not allowed to play, like Monopoly.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Definitely an angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Never done it any other way.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Shopping in a mall - too hot - too stuffing. I CAN'T BREATH. It reminds me of when I almost fainted on kettles twice.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really have a theme or special colour. I collect ornaments that tell me a story and my tree has become more of a memory for me. For instance, I have an ornament that I got in a teacher exchange 20 years ago. Three of my ornaments I got in Manhattan last May. Now that I am looking at my tree, I guess I have a lot of different things on it - country ornaments, instruments, a lot of gold...
24. Favorite dessert for Christmas dinner? Pie.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm like Barbara, I don't really have anything on my wish list. I would love a good telephoto lens for my camera. I think it is one of those things that I need to save for myself.
26. Any special Christmas traditions? Listening to music while unwrapping presents, watching the Queen's address, fancy breakfast - do these count?