Sunday, April 05, 2009

Time in Florida

Mom and Dad posing the masks I bought in New Orleans.

I finally have some time to finish my March Break adventure to the south. After Louisiana Don and I went to Florida to visit mom and dad. We arrived on the Sunday, later in the day, after a six hour drive. It rained our first full day there so we spent the day doing mom's favourite activity. One guess....you're right on your first guess - shopping!

Tuesday was spent doing Don's favourite thing - nothing in particular. In the morning we played shuffleboard and I actually almost won a game against my game-winning husband! We relaxed, Don read, I swam, and watched the sunset. Later in the evening we played aggravation with mom and dad. The girls won!
Wednesday: Don wanted to do his favourite activity again so I went to St. Andrew's State Park for the day. I walked through the ruins of a turpentine mill sat on the beach. Isn't interesting that the beach looks like what I left behind in the north - snow! That evening Don and went out to dinner with his mom and her new husband, Ted. They just happened to be vacationing in Panama City Beach for two weeks the same time we were - coinsidences...

Thursday: Mom, dad, Don, and I went to Sandestin, a golfing resort. We went to the Baytowne Warf to look in the shops. What an interesting place.
On our last morning there Don and I went down to the beach. It was early and despite it being psring break time the beach was deserted and quiet.


5 comments:

Barbara said...

Great pics. Is Don off the couch yet?

Evie said...

Nice trip. Thanks for all the great photos.

Joanne said...

I found out that Nola and Brian Kurtz and their family were at Panama City Beach the same time you were. They were staying 1 - 2 KM from Mom & Dad's

Dave said...

It is a wonderful area to visit.

Stephen said...

Looks like a great trip. We have yet to make the trip down to the land of the senior citizen - unfortunately it didn't work out for us to send Nathan to Florida.