Wednesday, March 28, 2012

October 2011: A DC Wedding

October was a wonderful month for my family. Instead of celebrating Thanksgiving in the usual way, we traveled south to DC for the wedding of Jonathan and Maggie. We also used the wedding as an excuse to spend some time in DC and then go on a cruise. Just as I love visiting my own nation's capital for all it represents, there is so much to see and do in DC that is informative yet enjoyable. On this visit Don and I spent the day with David and Evie at the capital and Library of Congress. I adore the architecture and the history of the city and its buildings. I was hoping to go to the Holocaust museum but ran out of time. I guess I will just have to go for another visit!
The reason for the visit was the wedding. I had a wonderful time. It was a relatively smaller wedding, but it was elegant and a good time was had by all. It is during these times that I reflect on life and how it moves along at a fast pace. I start sounding like my grandparents and parents by saying I remember when... or it seems like just yesterday when.... It is also wonderful to see that my nieces and nephews have grown into caring, principled adults. I am so proud of them. Jonathan and Maggie look wonderful together and I enjoyed watching how they are with each other. It was a very relaxing wedding with dancing and a lot of talking. Just being around family is comforting, especially since it does not happen enough.

No comments: