Sunday, July 09, 2006

Finally Replying to My Tags...

I can't believe I am finally getting around to the tag! My internet/e-mail has been so unreliable these days. They are changing the system at work and with my personal server at home - a double whamie! Anyway, here goes...

4 jobs I've had:
  • lots and lots and lots of babysitting
  • Simpson's (The Bay) Cafeteria cleaning tables and cooking
  • working for the Salvation Army in the camp kitchen as a cook and at DHQ as a Girl Friday
  • a primary teacher and Early Literacy Teacher for the Peel District School Board.
4 movies I could watch over and over again:
  • Fiddler on the Roof (actually, most musicals, especially those with a social message - fun and thought provoking, a hard achievement)
  • Money Pit (I love watching the section where the house starts falling apart)
  • Back to the Future (any of them)
  • Wizard of Oz (the best witch ever!)

4 places I've lived:

  • Mississauga, Ontario (although it was called Cooksville at the time...)
  • Brampton, Ontario
  • Wilmore, Kentucky
  • Brampton, Ontario...Brampton, Ontario...Brampton, Ontario (I'm so predictable)

4 TV shows I love: (6 instead...)

  • anything Law and Order
  • CSI
  • I Love Lucy
  • Dick Van Dyke Show
  • M*A*S*H
  • Corronation Street

4 places I've been on vacation: Okay...5 again...

  • Quebec City (I agree, Barbara, it's the best. I love the ambiance and history of the place)
  • Camping anywhere (as long as I am outdoors and in a tent I am happy. I enjoy the provincial and national parks best for the hiking and nature activities. My favourites - Arrowhead, Charleston Lake, Port Burwell, Bruce Penninsula)
  • Salvation Centennial Congresses - Kansas City and Winnipeg. The atmosphere is incredible and meeting new people and seeing old friends is great.
  • Haliburton School of the Arts (over the years I have stayed in cottages and attended art class during the day. I love learning something fun and enjoying cottage life. It would be my perfect life if I didn't have to have a job)
  • Ottawa (I could live here - just give the word...)

4 favorite dishes:

  • Oriental Salad
  • Spaghetti
  • Chicken Friend Rice
  • Almost anything beef, especially roast beef and yorkshire

4 websites I visit daily:

4 places I'd rather be right now:

  • on a road trip anywhere. The paces I have not been that I would love to see - the Canadian east coast, the Canadian west coast, the arctic (Churchill, Manitoba, the polar bear capital of the world; Moosenee, Ontario; Iqualuit; Yellowknife to see the Aurora Borealis), the antartic (this would be a tricky road trip!)
  • camping
  • in a hillside cottage on an Ontario lake in the autumn (the colours would be fabulous)...or an island cottage in the St. Lawrence (I love isolation)
  • traveling Europe (especially England) to trace family history and see Canadian Armed Forces sites and key battles (Vimy Ridge, Normandy, Holland...)

4 most cherished possessions:

  • my photo albums
  • Mum Young's antique serving bowls
    Family photos
    Handmade Christmas Ornaments from the kids over the years

4 least favorite chores:

  • cleaning toilets (I agree, Joanne)
  • any laundry, especially ironing
  • organizing my boxes and boxes and boxes of teacher stuff (I'm over-run!)
  • vacuuming (it's a good thing Don likes to do it!)

4 best stress relievers:

  • bike riding
  • hiking
  • petting Yoda
  • sitting on the deck/patio and having a BBQ

4 bloggers I'm tagging: I am not tagging anyone....how sweet!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

OK, so how did you get Mum Young's antique bowls too????????

PS: Found a "sweet" (as my boys would say) antique shop in a small Alberta town near by that you would looooooove. You just gotta come out for a visit!

Dave said...

I agree with your statements about camping. If you go to NS, visit "The Ovens", you will love it for the fantastic views (near Lunenberg).

Catharine said...

I forgot to do my most cherished possessions... (sorry, I copied and pasted Joanne's)

- my photo albums
- my professional portfolio
- my furniture antiques (Don's grandmother's sewing machine, my dining set, Don's grandfather's chest)
- my children's book collection

Evie said...

I love the history and ambience of Quebec City too, but it's not the place I'd most want to spend a vacation. I prefer solitude, nature and anything as un-city-like as possible.

By the way, Dave's right about The Ovens. Awesome ocean scenery.

Barbara said...

Who's Mum Young??

Finally! You're blogging again!

Hmmmm ... the Ovens eh? Maybe we sould do a family vacation there next summer. Anyone interested?