Sunday, August 06, 2006

Summer Happenings

Not much to report on my life at the moment. I have not had an exciting summer. Here is what I have been doing:

  • I took a two day course on Differentiating Instruction. It sounds impressive doesn't it. It also sounds heavy and boring. It wasn't too bad but it was a bit boring...
  • I took a week long course on teaching math. There was a lot of hands-on activities so it was pretty good. Hands-on is always good :)!
  • Emily and Elizabeth visited for a few days - it's amazing just how much they have grown in one year. I miss all of my nieces and nephews who live far away. You miss so much when you are hardly ever around them.
  • Don and I actually spent a few days camping. We had a wonderful time at Port Burwell. Gary ad Laurie Reilly came down for an afternoon. It's hard to believe they are mom and dad's officers now!
  • I spent a week and a few days getting my classroom ready.
  • I am now back to work in this heat! While I am cooking right now, I sure will enjoy October and the two weeks I will have then. Hopefully I will be able to go away, then.

Once I get my pictures back I will share them at another time. In the meantime, I have enjoyed reading everyone else's Blogs and catching up on family. Toodles!

6 comments:

Evie said...

I was wondering what you've been doing all summer. You seem to have kept pretty busy. I'm looking forward to reading more of your postings (hint, hint!) and seeing some photos.

Barbara said...

...and we enjoy reading yours so you need to post more often.

Sounds like you've had a packed summer so far. How is the new school?

Dave said...

...so who controled the fire? You or Don?

Joanne said...

Hey........come to Calgary for a week in October!

Jenn said...

pictures? where are the pictures?

Stephen said...

You are truly amazing!! All the stuff you accomplish is such a short period of time.

Thanks for spending time with the girls. They had a great time.

How's the new school? what's the new calendar year like?